LOCH LOMOND DISTILLERY - The first site of the former Loch Lomond distillery dates back to 1814, sited at the north end of Loch Lomond near Tarbet (known as Tarbat). Unfortunately in the old days relatively few paper records were maintained and the closing date of this distillery remains uncertain.
Loch Lomond Distillery was commissioned by the Littlemill Distilling Company in 1965 with first distillation in 1966. In 1984, the distillery closed - or fell silent, to use the traditional term. Happily however, Alexander Bulloch and the Glen Catrine company got the business and resumed malt production in 1987. Grain whisky production started in 1993 and 2 new malt stills were added in 1999.